The Forzese Top 10…Ways To Give Back During The Holiday Season
- Friday, November 3, 2017
- Posted by Krisanne Butler in Forzese Top 10
With the holiday’s fast approaching we wanted to share with our top 10 ways to give back during the holiday season.
1) Donate to The Pettengill House in Salisbury, they have many different volunteer opportunities as well as a food pantry in need of stocking.
2) You can help a child have a magical holiday by donating unwrapped toys to Toys for Tots. Many local Banks and Merchants will have collection bins for unwrapped toy donations, but did you know that Toys R Us and Babies R Us are a nationwide donation spot?
3) There are a number of local soup kitchens and food pantries in need of help during the busy holiday season. You can collect canned goods or donate money to help feed local families.
4) Being separated from family during this time of year can be especially difficult. You can help brighten the day of a service man or woman by sending care packages over seas to the Troops.
5) Blood Banks are always in need of donations and the holidays are a wonderful time to give the gift of life and donate blood!
6) Donate gently used coats adults and children in need.
7) Humans aren’t the only ones in need of help during the cold holiday months; if you are an animal lover consider donating blankets, food or pet toys to your local animal shelter.
8) Consider spreading holiday cheer to your local first responders by baking cookies and delivering them to local Fire and Police Stations.
9) Sometimes a little can go a very long way, a great way to “Pay it forward” is to give a little extra when tipping wait staff in restaurants, hairdressers and other service providers.
10) The holidays can be an especially lonely time for the Senior Citizens in our community. You can help brighten their day by delivering holiday cards to a local nursing home.
However you choose to Give Back, we wish you the very best this Holiday Season!